Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cloud Control

Four eccentric indie rockers have established a unique reverberation and called it Cloud Control. Sydney based Alistair Wright, Jeremy Kelshaw and siblings Ulrich Lenffer and Heidi Lenffer won the Sydney University band competition back in ’06 and a mere twelve months later transformed into the brilliant recording artists that rocked my TV screen just this morning. As I was sipping my Rosehip tea I encountered Cloud Controls “Gold Canary” and these kids astonished me to say the least with their tasty blend of experimental folk lyrics and pop melodies. It’s all very Vampire Weekend if you ask me. In fact, if Fleetwood Mac collaborated with Vampire Weekend and kindly invited Neil Young, the result would be Cloud Control.
“And that’s how babies are made, son!”
Singing about buying your sister a gold canary as they sway through a psychedelic universe, Cloud Control kicks it old school with this quirky [MGMT inspired] clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDULAuG8FgA


Check them out at

www.myspace.com/cloudcontrol


No comments:

Post a Comment